English – Big Writing Course for Summer
The Big Writing course is an intensive 8 week course for students’ who are trying to develop their ‘Writing Voice’ through fast, fun, lively and predominantly oral activities. In this course student’s talk the ‘Writing Voice’ in an intensive Big Writing session based on the saying: ‘If a child can say it, A child can write it’. In this course Students’ will learn how to master the four basic areas known as VCOP which stands for – Vocabulary, connectives, openers and punctuation. In addition throughout the 6 weeks students will also be learning how to develop different writing styles, word count, improve handwriting, learn new vocabulary, grammar, and spelling whilst being creative and interactive. This course comprises of interactive games, short audio clips, group work, and individual work.
- Strengthen VCOP Skills which stand for – Vocabulary, connectives, openers, and punctuation.
- Strengthen Grammar skills.
- Develop the art of different writing styles
- Learn the importance of word count.
- Strengthen the child’s ability for good penmanship as a way to improve handwriting.
- Development of descriptive (WOW words)
- Group 1: Sunday & Tuesday from 9 to 11 AM
- Group 2: Sunday & Tuesday from 4 to 6 PM
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 8 weeks
- Language English
- Students 10
- Assessments Self